To all of my regular readers, I apologize for the long delay since my last post. Every now and then, it is healthy to take a break and re-evaluate. I needed to hit pause on this blog because I felt like it was heading a bit off track. You see, when I started this blog it was to be a thought-leader on education, early career, and mentorship. Over time, it progressed into a blog of marketing, mindfulness, and motivation – Hence the heading on the home page; however, it completely derailed with blogs about just one topic.
While this one topic has been quite enthralling for many of you (as I’ve watched my analytics), I want this website to be much more than that. So, to my readers: I promise to take this blog back to the basics. Don’t worry – It will still be full of my witty, emotional craziness/motivation, but I hope you will look forward to more of the marketing and mindfulness. It might mean that some of you tune in a little less, but that’s okay as I need to be true to me.
Let’s be mindful
On the topic of mindfulness this week, as I’ve mindfully explained my pause, I thought I’d touch on a topic that has definitely been talked about quite a bit in mainstream media nowadays – Gratitude. There’s a reason for it though. If you start to express more gratitude, you really do feel good/better in so many ways. I hope you’ll join me on this #WisdomWednesday and give it a whirl. Grab a piece of paper and join me in expressing just five things you are grateful for (past, present, or future).
- I am grateful for support: My friends, family, coworkers and more. I am thankful that I am surrounded by good people who help me when I need it most.
- My furry best friend: A best friend I tried to resist adopting, but I am glad every day that I did. We’ve had many adventures and I look forward to many, many more.
- I am grateful for simplicity: Over the years, my life has had a lot of self-inflicted complications. More recently, things have been simplified. I find happiness in the smallest joys and live in the moment.
- New beginnings: Every day is a new beginning. Every conversation is a new beginning. Every single person you meet is a new beginning. *insert a double clap here* 🙂
- My hockey team: Last night I scored my first goal with this team, and they celebrated as if they had scored. The first time I sang an anthem with the Ottawa Senators, they all tuned in. My hockey team has become another family to me, and I am grateful for that every day.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed my post today. Welcome back to my #WednesdayWisdom. May you have fun hitting pause and expressing gratitude today in many ways.